-->

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Exchange 2016 Export Mailbox Error: "Couldn't find the Enterprise Organization container"

I've been running Exchange 2016 environment for a little while now, but I finally had to export a mailbox to PST.

I kept getting an error in both the EAC (Exchange Admin Console) and the Shell.

The error:

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox "staceybranham" -FilePath \\server1\PSTs\stacey.pst

Couldn't find the Enterprise Organization container

This error is usually thrown when you haven't added your admin account to be allowed to import/export mailboxes.

The "funny" thing is: I had already run the following cmdlet to do so:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Import Export" -User Admin

But, every time I ran the export it would error out.

What I forgot to do, was close and reopen both the EMS (Exchange Management Shell) and the EAC.

After that, I was able to run the export without the error.
By the way this is a stupid error since the Enterprise Organization Container obviously exists, or there'd be no Exchange.

How about next time just have it say "you don't have a Management Role set for this account" or something to that effect? It would save a lot of digging around to ensure that the containers are set correctly...ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment